Prediction: What can we expect from Sarileru Neekevvaru?
Mahesh Babu after a long time decided to go for a commercial mass masala film with Sarileru Neekevvaru. The star wants to see how his fans will react to his new massy attitude different from films like Dookudu, Pokiri.
Anil Ravipudi, writer-director of the film, is known for entertaining audiences with his own quirky comedy and witty dialogues. Vijayashanthi is also making a big comeback with the movie. Rashmika Mandanna is looking to entertain the big league of top actresses with a massive success, that she hopes this film would be.
With all of the cast and crew intro done, let's try to predict what we can expect from the film in accordance to the buzz and general public's anticipation from the film.
* Movie audio might be routine but Devi Sri Prasad managed to come up with popular numbers. Mind Block has really gone viral.
* Buzz has increased by 80% from last month before few days of release, indicating good promotional strategy.
* Director and team seem to be clear on what they want people to expect and they have made the film exactly on those points, with clarity. Even promoted it the same way.
* Early festival release advantage after a very dry period at box office post Christmas releases.
* Mahesh Babu promising something different from his previous films and return of Vijayashanthi to big screen.
* Film can be over reliant on what trade experts call gimmicks or special ingredients that can only be used as garnish on a well-cooked meal.
* Slapstick comedy is like a double edged sword. If you are not careful it can cut you too.
11th January date should be a historical one for Telugu Cinema and Mahesh Babu as the film is coming with unprecedented hype and wide release with extra shows through the first week - Sankranti festival days.
Disclaimer: Take this only as a fun exercise and not determinant of the film result! We expect all films to do well and request everyone to watch films in theaters.