Prediction: What can we expect from Darbar?
Taking a break from big Telugu film battle, Sarileru Neekevvaru vs Ala Vaikuntapurramuloo, let's concentrate on Pongal release, Darbar. Rajnikanth is going for another Pongal release after Petta last year. As he lost in Tamil Nadu to Ajith's Viswasam last time, he came up with his vintage stylish action flick with AR Murugadoss as director, this time around.
Darbar is starting Pongal/Sankranthi festival in a big way on 9th January, all over the world. Now, let's look at the buzz factors of the film that will help it work at the box office.
* AR Murugadoss is a big name in Tamil Industry and a known one in Telugu. His market in Telugu is not as high as it used to be, due to Spyder debacle. Still, if a word comes out that he made a good film with Rajnikanth, except for some die-hard Mahesh Fans, we can expect many Telugu people to enjoy this film in theaters, even with SLN & AVPL.
* Rajni has been out of form in Telugu as the content he chose for a decade, failed to impress his fans here. With his vintage style, he may set the box office on fire.
* Nayantara is definitely a big help for the movie.
* Low expectations from trade and audiences, as everyone is looking at Mahesh vs AA clash, which can work like magic for this Rajni film.
* Anirudh Ravichander's BGM.
* Over-reliance on Rajni star power.
* Ticket hike for entire Sankranthi season in Telugu states.
* Non-buzzy music album by Anirudh.
* Very low promotions can cause for even low first-day numbers, that will affect movie staying power in theaters after the first weekend, with three Telugu releases.
* Buzz is not even at 45%.
The movie might entertain fans but lacks a big box office pull!
Disclaimer: Take this only as a fun exercise and not the determinant of the film result! We expect all films to do well and request everyone to watch films in theatres.